September 1, 2014

Korean Instant Noodles: Samyang, Nongshim, Ottogi

Hello! Today I'm gonna review some Korean instant noodles that are so in trend these days. Korea is a great successful developed country that has widen its wings worldwide. You can see that everything Korea-related are everywhere in Indonesia, it's kinda like mushrooms developed rapidly! Okay I'm exaggerating here haha. But look at your surroundings, like your very own friends, who love watching K-drama and Kpop, who once said they hate Kpop because it sounds gay and now they love and worship it like crazy. You have at least one friend who is like that right or am I the only one? :))



What am I gonna review?
There are three instant noodles with different brands. They are Samyang Jajangmyeon, Nongshim Chapaghetti, and Ottogi Spaghetti Ramen. I bought them at local Korean supermarket. Jajangmyeon (자장면) is a popular noodle dish enjoyed by many Asians. It is topped with Jajang (also spelled jjajang) a thick sauce made from black bean paste which gives its black color and myeon (also spelled myun) means noodle.


1. Nongshim Chapaghetti | 3.5 / 5


I found out why they name it Chapaghetti!! LOL. For a second, I was confused whether to buy it or not because it says 'Chapaghetti' and not jajangmyeon. Nongshim official website stated: "East meets West! Be amazed by the fusion cuisine, blending spaghetti-like noodles with chajang (jajang) sauce, chunky dehydrated carrots, onions, and ground beans." Hahahaha sorry I can't help but laugh a little. So it is spaghetti-like noodles with jajang sauce. Creative!



How to make it?
1. Boil 600 ml of water
2. Add noodles and mixed vegetables, cook for 5 minutes
3. Remove the heat and strain the nooodles (keep approximately 8 spoons of water to dissolve the soup powder)
4. Add soup base and seasoning oil
5. Mix well and serve!



The soup powder actually looks a lil bit scary for me because it looks like soil... or in better way it looks like black coffee powder. Nongshim Chapaghetti taste good if you are a fan of bitter taste and the portion is BIG, 140 gram while Indomie (Indonesian instant noodles) is only 74 gram so it is twice bigger! By the way, I found Nongshim's official website and they have the actual cooking directions there and it is so cute! See it here.

2. Samyang Jajangmyeon | 4.0 / 5


In my opinion, this one taste better than Nongshim because it is not as bitter :)






3. Ottogi Spaghetti Ramen | 3.5 / 5


Hello to fusion cuisine once again!

How to make it?
1. Boil noodles and vegetables for about 5 minutes (the noodles block is round, so cute!) 
2. Remove the heat and strain it
3. Add the liquid soup and powder soup, mix them altogether!




The dehydrated vegetables includes corns and a little macaroni!! :D It is not spicy, instead it taste kinda sour (like spaghetti with tomato sauce). I prefer to eat real Italian spaghetti and real Japanese/Korean ramen.. The result is kinda different, it is curly ramen not straight ramen like the picture in the pack LOL.

See you on my next post!

[UPDATE: January 26, 2016]

4. Nongshim Cup Ramyun - Kimchi Flavor

I tried the cup noodle version of Nongshim Cup Ramyun. I prefer the packaged one, I don't know why but I think the cup one taste different than the packaged one.. Basically, the ingredients and seasoning inside are the same. There are dried vegetables and spicy soup powder for the broth and you just have to put hot water into the cup and it's ready to be served. So maybe it's just my tongue that gets different taste hehehe. But still, the cup design is cute tho, only if the taste is the same, I'd rather eat from the cup!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Zomato Verified Reviewer

view my food journey on zomato!