November 19, 2014

Santika Baru Seafood | Bendungan Hilir

What comes first into my mind upon hearing I'll be living in Bendungan Hilir for probably the next 2 years is "I want to try the famous seafood place in Benhil!" When I was walking along the street of printing and photocopy area to Pasar Benhil at night, I saw this seafood tent named 'Santika Baru'. I thought this must be the famous seafood stall because it was crowded and there is even live music there. Let's see how this seafood place really doesn't please me (the owners who calculate our bill is quite friendly but the food is a no no).

It turned out that I was a bit outdated not knowing that the famous seafood place had moved to Fatmawati (which by chance is near my sister's place) and I also saw several bad reviews about this place from the internet...


Udang Saos Padang | IDR 55000
1.5 / 5
Shrimp in Padang's chili sauce. Totally worse than what I expected. I pay fifty five thousand rupiah for one portion and they served FIVE small shrimp on the plate. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever encountered when buying food lol I can't even mad, I'm laughing sarcastically in fact :)) So one piece of shrimp is IDR 11000, same amount of money you spent for eating one big meal in warteg hahaha. It is totally okay if the shrimps were bigger, not small mini like this... 


Bistik Ayam
4.0 / 5
Sliced fried chicken with fried potatoes. I love it, nice seasoning of butter sauce although the color is too dark brown, maybe too much sweet soy sauce..?


Capcay Kuah 

3.0 / 5

The broth is too plain in my opinion, it taste so-so. But the portion is quite big so it is enough for 3 person to eat. In the bowl we have squid, fish ball, cabbage, carrot, mushroom, and baby corn :D


Overall, the price is quite expensive despite the taste (I forgot bistik ayam and capcay kuah price because of the shrimp, blame the shrimp!) But this place is always crowded every night, there is live music and you can see the staffs cooking so the atmosphere is 'live'.

Fyi:
- You can order many kinds of juices because there is a small juice seller stall beside it, they usually order it from there.
- They don't sell small fish like per ounce, they sell it bigger per kilogram starts from IDR 100000 so make sure you people with you if you want to taste the fish! 



Santika Baru

Pasar Benhil
Jl. Bendungan Hilir Raya, Bendungan Hilir, Jakarta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zomato Verified Reviewer

view my food journey on zomato!