November 22, 2014

Social House | Grand Indonesia

Social House or as some people called "SoHo" is a restaurant, bar and wine post by Ismaya Group. As I stated in my previous post, I love every Ismaya's works because their concepts are all well-thought.


I came here for lunch at about 1 pm and it wasn't really crowded. The place itself is quite big with bar and smoking + non-smoking area. If you sit near the window, you can see nice views from up there. You can also hand select your choice from a fine selection of over 300 wine labels in their Wine Post near the entrance.

If you're looking for private-like place away from crowd to eat good food at Mall Grand Indonesia then go to Social House. They sell from Japanese to Italian cuisine and also variety kinds of wine and cocktails. You can go there by elevator near Gramedia and go down :) The service is good, when you come in, they will immediately direct you to available table.  

Belgium Waffle Royale | IDR 79000
4.0 / 5
Topped with caramelized banana vanilla and chocolate ice cream, egg roll, and chocolate sauce. The waffle is big and I love the egg roll and ice cream. It melts together inside your mouth by the time you eat it. Totally worth to try!!




Curry Ramen | IDR 89000
4.0 / 5
With spicy minced beef and egg. Upon ordering, I thought it was a Japanese kind of ramen with a lot of curry broth. It turned out that it is ramen with thick curry sauce. Taste good as well and the portion is big!



Fresh Spring Rolls | IDR 69000
3.0 / 5
Filled with shrimp, chicken, egg, vegetables and served with sauce. It is more like Vietnamese spring rolls. It is so photogenic (or should I say food-o-genic?) I've seen this food all over Pinterest and have been really curious to taste it, then faith made us met at Social House :p Anyway, it taste good but I think it is too plain, lack of strong taste and the rolls are a little bit too chewy. The shrimps are fresh tho!



Spaghetti Aglio Olio | IDR 95000
4.0 / 5
With garlic grilled chicken and mushroom. Yum! ...But don't you think that the presentation is too messy? It looks better after I mixed it all...



Gnocchi of Burnt Butter and Sage | IDR 85000
3.0 / 5
With green asparagus tips, walnut, and grated parmesan cheese. My friend said it taste so-so. Maybe because the presentation isn't really appealing :) But I still love gnocchi because its easy to be eaten!


Strawberry Iced Tea | IDR 38000
4.0 / 5
I give 4 out of 5 stars because the glass is big enough for a thirty eight thousand rupiah iced tea and it indeed taste good. By the way, I used their menu for my tea tray omg sorry! x)


 + the bar

+ natural lighting, woods and terrace-like ambiance


Social House
Grand Indonesia East Mall, 1st Floor
Jl. MH. Thamrin, Thamrin, Jakarta

Phone : (021) 23581818
Open : 08.00 - 01.00 a.m (Monday - Sunday)
Wifi : Yes
Bar : Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zomato Verified Reviewer

view my food journey on zomato!