May 9, 2017

OOTOYA | LIPPO MALL KEMANG

Hi Guys!

I finally found my ultimate Japanese restaurant. Ootoya — really well-served, well-serviced, and most importantly, delicious! They sell authentic Japanese cuisine and I can say that the taste is one of the best. 

First of all, the menu is really neat with explanation in graphics and words. One of the highlight of the service is they give you hot white towel as soon as you sat on your seat.. quite a help in relieving your tension, and showing their Japanese hospitality. I went there with my friend, the two of us ordered Demi Hamburg and Oyakodon with hot and cold Ocha as drinks.




Demi Hamburg
4.5 / 5 | IDR 114,000 or IDR 89,000 (ala carte)
Demi Hamburg is a homemade hamburg steak with demiglace sauce on a hot stone. Demiglace is a kind of brown sauce comes from French.. so I guess this Demi Hamburg dish is a fusion between Japanese and French? I'm not sure but the point is it's indeed delicious. You can read the whole explanation of demiglace sauce here

My first impression of this dish is, "Wow, it's really big! The portion with the hot stone and all.. Can I finish this chunk of meat without feeling too full?" I didn't expect the dish to come with quite many side dishes. I ordered the package one served with rice, miso soup, potato salad, and vegetables. My big tummy is happy!


  


Oyakodon 
4.0 / 5 | IDR 79,000
From what I know, 'don' means rice in Japanese.. But please correct me if I'm wrong hahahaha. Oyakodon is basically grilled chicken with egg on top of rice. Typical chicken rice you'll found in Indonesia, but still well-served with miso soup, a few seaweed, and vegetables as seen in the pictures below.






Hot / Cold Ocha
5.0 / 5
Unlike some Ocha served in other restaurants with too much water or too much green tea that left bitter taste in your mouth, this one taste well and authentic. 


My conclusion of Ootoya is.. the portion is equal to the price, a little bit pricey but really really worth it. I managed to finish the dish even though I had quite little time as we already bought movie tickets for Hacksaw Ridge (yea I ate this in 2016 guys, just had time to post itπŸ˜…). By the way, Hacksaw Ridge is a great movie, huh? I never thought Andrew Garfield would play a better role other than his Spiderman trademark. Anyway back to the topic, I would really love to come back and taste the other tempting menus that Ootoya have. Love!! πŸ’“ 


-

Ootoya - Lippo Mall Kemang
Lantai UG Unit 02
Jalan Pangeran Antasari No. 36, Kemang, 
Jakarta Selatan, 12150
Phone: (021) 29056842
Open: Mon - Sun | 10.00 am - 22.00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zomato Verified Reviewer

view my food journey on zomato!